Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reader Input Required

I'm working on 2 possible articles for next month's Veronica's Closet. I'm either going with Rape and Sexual Assault or a more light-hearted article about losing one's virginity.

Anyone willing to share stories of rape or sexual assault with me can do so by emailing me at ask.raw.knee@gmail.com
Feel free to do so anonymously. It would be greatly appreciated.
I understand that this is a difficult subject to talk about. The only way to prevent it from happening to other people is to make them aware that this does happen here in our home town and that not only do the police have your back, there are many resources available for free counseling, therapy, educational material, self-defense classes etc. I've been through it myself (more than once) and if I do choose to go with the Rape/Sexual Assault angle I will be sharing one of my own stories, albeit I may decide to credit it "anonymous".

Alternatively, I'm seeking stories of amusing, interesting, entertaining and otherwise terrible cherry poppin' experiences.
How was your first time?
Let me know!


email me! You could get to see your name in print, or if you choose to remain anonymous, share your story - do Ottawa a favour: expose the reality of sexual assault / make us laugh with your lost virginity story.


XOXO
RawKnee

P.S. Ladies, if you've ever been wronged or hurt by someone I really am willing to listen. As I said, I've been there. I promise not to be preachy or offer advice unless asked to. Sometimes you just need to talk.

No comments: