Monday, July 12, 2010

This is no modern romance

Imagine screaming at the top of your lungs in a fit of absolute desperation.
All you want is help.
Nay, you don't want it, you need it.
You've no clue how to get out of this alive. You can't do it on your own.
So you scream.
But nobody can hear you.
Your head is under water.

I have drowned.

Well, I have nearly drowned, if you want to get technical.

The chlorine burned in my lungs and the sun stung my eyes as I miraculously surfaced - on my own. Nobody has ever swam so hard as I did. Good thing, too. Nobody else was going to save me.

The sun and chlorine weren't the only things that stung my eyes.

I was crying.

And still nobody came.

I've never forgotten what it feels like to drown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, Vron. Scream in my direction next time, okay?